Will I Get Graduate Credit?

  • 0
  • January 12, 2018


The type of credit you receive with a successfully completed Advancement Course depends on which course type you choose. The two major options are non-credit courses and for-credit courses.

Non-Credit Courses

If you purchased a non-credit version of a course, then you will receive 45 accredited hours of professional development, but you will not receive graduate-level credit.

For-Credit Courses

If you purchased the for-credit version of a course, then you will receive graduate-level credit from the partner institution that you chose at the time of purchasing the course. However, there are some fine points regarding the transcripts of these courses.

PLEASE NOTE that enrolling in Advancement Courses is not the same as enrolling in a master’s degree program. Furthermore, enrolling in Advancement Courses does not entitle any student to student loan deferment or similar benefits that traditionally occur with a master’s degree enrollment.

Andrews University or Greenville University

If you are taking a course with Andrews University or Greenville University, then you will receive your graduate-level credit on your transcript.

Loyola Marymount University (LMU)

If you are taking a course with Loyola-Marymount University (LMU), you will receive graduate-level credit (as reflected by the course numbers). However, because the courses are offered through the Extension Office, your transcript will not contain the wording “graduate-level credit.” Instead, your transcript will read “graduate-level professional development credit.”