Mozilla Firefox: Recommended Moodle Web Browser
Mozilla Firefox is the most compatible Web browser with Moodle. Numerous user-interface problems arise when using browsers such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. The easiest and quickest fix for most of these problems is to use Mozilla Firefox instead of the existing browser.
Downloading Mozilla Firefox
- Access the Mozilla Firefox download page at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/.
- Select the green Free Download button.
- A pop-up window will appear; select Save File.
- Select and open the saved file in your Downloads window.
- You will receive an Open File – Security Warning verifying the action you would like to take with the program. Select Run; this will complete the download process.
- You will be asked if you wish to set Firefox as your default browser upon opening. Select Yes if you plan on primarily using Firefox; otherwise, select No.
- You will get asked if you wish to import saved information from the browser you were previously using. Select Yes if you would like your saved logins, Web pages, etc. imported into Firefox; otherwise, select No.